The basic mission is to research, collect and communicate the knowledge of space and space technologies to the public in a way that sensibly connects and intertwines the science, economy, tourism and art.
The basic activity of the public institute Center of Space Technologies Herman Potočnik Noordung is the promotion of space technologies and the manifestation of human achievements in space with the interweaving of art and high technologies. The offer includes the development, installation and marketing of space content in the form of art exhibitions, exhibitions of items and multimedia interactive applications that we offer to the general public.
Also, by connecting with and integrating into international connections, we ensure greater recognizability of Slovenian and international institutions in the field of space activities in all areas. Through the implementation of dedicated symposiums, we present and expand the significance of space exploration to the general public.
The vision of the Institute
The evolution of humanity and the universe has a common timeline. Our unique place in this is to add a cultural and humanistic contribution to human efforts to explore and understand the universe.
Organization of the institution
Since 2017, Center of Space Technologies Herman Potočnik Noordung functions as a public institution (JZ) co-founded by the Republic of Slovenia, namely the Ministry of Economic Development and Technology (MGRT) and the Municipality of Vitanje. The co-founders also provide co-financing of the operation of the institute, with MGRT contributing 5/6 of the funds and the Municipality of Vitanje 1/6 of funds.
The activities of the Center are supervised by the Council of the Institute, which consists of 7 members of the representatives of founders, employees and the interested public.
The members of the Council of the Institute are named by:
- the Republic of Slovenia with four representatives on the proposal of the Ministry of Economic Development and Technology,
- the Municipality of Vitanje, the representatives of employees of the Institute, representatives of users or interested public each nominate one member.
Council members are:
- dr. Jernej Štromajer, president and representative of the founder of the Republic of Slovenia;
- mag. Alenka Marovt, representative of the founder of the Republic of Slovenia;
- Tit Neubauer, representative of the founder of the Republic of Slovenia;
- Jadranka Plut, representative of the founder of the Republic of Slovenia;
- Andrej Poklič, a representative of the Municipality of Vitanje;
- mag. Roman Kotnik, a representative of the interested public;
- Izidor Fijavž, an employee representative.
Activities of the public institute Center of Space Technologies Herman Potočnik Noordung is focused on the market because the development of content depends on the resources acquired on the market.
Sign up for our newsletter and keep up to date with new exhibitions, events, multimedia content, and projects that we carry out in the framework of space culture at the Noordung Center.